GDPR – Website Privacy Notice
Thank you for visiting Regius School website. We hope you enjoy looking around our website and find the information you require.
In accordance with the requirements of GDPR, this notice explains your rights about the information we collect when you visit our site; what we collect, how we collect it, our reasons for collecting it, how we use it, how long we hold on to it and when and how we dispose of it.
For the sake of doubt :
REGIUS SCHOOL DOES NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE!
REGIUS SCHOOL DOES NOT PLACE COOKIES ON YOUR DEVICE!
Privacy Notice – How we collect and use your information
Privacy Notice (How we use your information)
This notice is to give insight into how information about yourself is used in Regius School.
When do we collect information from you?
• when you fill in any Regius School form e.g. admission forms, information updates
• when you contact us by email, text, social media, phone call or letter
• when you give us relevant information in conversation with one of our staff (we may record some brief notes)
Why we collect and use this information
We use your data:
• to establish and maintain your involvement with Regius School and to communicate with you by email, phone and other means
• to keep you informed by post, text, email or other means about Regius School services and activities
• to collect school fees and other payments
• to fulfil our functions as a provider of education
• to provide the services you have requested
• to answer your inquiries
• to help us to improve what we do and offer
• to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
We collect the following categories of information about you and/or your child(ren):
• name, date of birth, address and contact details, other relevant information
• some other details such as dietary requirements, disability and medical information when you register for admission and in annual information updates
• relevant information you disclose in e-mails or letters you send to us, phone calls and face to face contact
We collect some special categories of information:
• dietary requirements for catering purposes at events
• any disability or health needs your child(ren) have in order for Regius School to make your child’s attendance more comfortable and accessible
How we keep and process your information
• the information we collect is processed and stored either in a paper or digital format
• all data is stored on an external hard drive which is locked in a secure place and/or Google Cloud storage
We do not share your information with others without your consent, unless it is
• to comply with any legal obligation, or
• to enforce or apply any contract with you or others, or
• to protect our rights, property or safety of our employees or others.
We will keep information only as long as legally necessary (or until you ask us to remove and destroy it, if earlier, provided this does not compromise legal processes and/or obligations) except that we may keep and process
• payment information in order to process any payment you have authorised
• name and contact information for as long as your child(ren) attending or likely to attend Regius School.
We may combine information we collect with information we have lawfully collected from other sources. We will email you only about things connected with Regius School such as latest news, prayer requests, job vacancies, future events and funding opportunities, etc.
You may tell us to remove/destroy any of your information we hold at any time except as
required by law.
How we dispose of your information
• All paper copies of your information e.g. admission forms, information forms, medical
questionnaires, consent forms etc. is destroyed by shredding or incineration after the statutory lawful time for retention has elapsed.
• Digital data is deleted after a period of 6 years unless you request for it to be deleted earlier under lawful statute.
• Email addresses are deleted on request after you cease to be a stakeholder.
The lawful basis on which we use this information
• We have checked that consent is the most appropriate lawful basis for processing your
• We ask people to positively opt in
• We make it clear that you can opt out at anytime
• We have specified in this document why we need the data and what we do with it
Requesting access to your personal data
• Under GDPR data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to your
information that we hold. (Subject Access Report, conditions apply)
• To make a request for your personal information, contact Mr. Wallace Davidson 0131 669 2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or concerns or if you wish us to remove your information, please
contact us at: email@example.com
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s).
We have no responsibility for the content of any linked website(s).
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Regius School may amend this Privacy Notice/Policy from time to time to reflect changes and ensure compliance with the law.
• If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
69a Whitehill Street
Tel: 0131 669 2913